Embark on a captivating journey through Finnish history and culture as you explore the ancient city of Turku, Finland’s first capital. With its roots dating back to the 13th century, Turku boasts a rich historical heritage, marked by landmarks such as the Turku Cathedral and Turku Castle. As the fifth-largest city in Finland and a vibrant center of culture and learning, Turku offers a unique blend of tradition and modernity.
In the afternoon, venture to the enchanting coastal town of Naantali, located just 17 kilometers from Turku. Naantali’s claim to fame is its picturesque beauty and, notably, the magical world of the Moomins, created by the renowned Finnish writer Tove Jansson. Optionally, you can immerse yourself in the whimsical universe of Moomin World, an amusement park dedicated to these beloved characters. Alternatively, explore the town’s historic charm, characterized by cobbled streets and charming wooden buildings.
- Turku Old Town: Stroll through Turku’s Old Town, a living testament to its centuries-old history, and discover the city’s fascinating past.
- Turku Cathedral: Visit the Turku Cathedral, a magnificent architectural masterpiece with a history dating back to medieval times.
- Turku Castle: Explore Turku Castle, the largest surviving medieval castle in Finland, offering a glimpse into the country’s medieval history.
- Naantali: Travel to Naantali, a coastal gem known for its stunning beauty and captivating ambiance. Its historic center, with narrow cobbled streets and charming wooden buildings, resembles an open-air museum.
- Moomin World (Optional): Delve into the enchanting world of the Moomins at Moomin World, an amusement park dedicated to Tove Jansson’s beloved characters.
Tour Duration: Approximately 8-9 hours
Prices: Starting from 75 EUR
Note: Prices may vary based on specific tour inclusions, such as the visit to Moomin World. Please contact us for detailed pricing and booking information.